2018 END-YEAR MESSAGE
Dear SAOSWA Colleagues,
As the year 2018 draws to a close, we as the NEC of SAOSWA would like to thank all our committed and dedicated members for your support during the year. You showed your support in many ways but especially through:
- Paying your membership fees.
- Actively participating in all SAOSWA events.
- Regularly visiting the SAOSWA Web-site.
- Serving in the different portfolios of the management committees.
- Providing feedback on issues that is requested from time to time.
We are looking forward to an exciting 2019 in which a number of projects will be undertaken. To mention but a few:
- Registration of members as occupational social work specialists.
- An occupational social work conference towards the end of the year.
- CPD events with interesting and professionally enriching topic.
- Branching out to other provinces.
- Covering of CPD topics electronically.
- Enhanced electronic communication through the web-site, face-book and other means.
We also hope that a number of problems that we have been struggling with the past few years will be resolved, i.e.:
- Receiving the number of CPD points per event that matches our efforts.
- Getting SAOSWA member to log onto the web-site regularly
- Acknowledgement of our specialist field by the SACSSP through active involvement in workgroups regarding new policies and acts.
To achieve all this we need the support of every member by paying your membership fees preferably in the first month of the year. This is our sole source of income that enables us to render the support to our members. For the past few years we did not increase the membership fees, but are currently operating at a loss.
The NEC therefore had no choice but to increase the membership fees for 2019 to R400 per year and workshop fees to R150 per event.
We wish you a peaceful and very blessed festive and holiday season and are looking forward to see you next year.
(SAOSWA NEC CHAIRPERSON)
12 December 2018